Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Tool #11 - Self Assessing and Reflecting

1. What are your favorite tools you now have in your personal technology toolbox? Briefly describe a particular activity that you will plan for your students using at least one of these new tools.
I particularly like TodayMeet and Poll Everywhere. I would use TodayMeet to post an open-ended question about a high interest current event topic and have students comment. Poll Everywhere would be a great way for students to give their input on a topical question and then be able to see the results from their entire class.


2. How have you transformed your thinking about the learning that will take place in your classroom? How has your vision for your classroom changed? Are you going to need to make any changes to your classroom to accommodate the 21st Century learner?
I have come to realize that I need to adapt my teaching style to the reality of a digital world that my students and I now inhabit. Most of all, I will have to step back and allow students to experiment with various digital tools to showcase their learning. I also need to give ample opportunities for students to collaborate with students locally, and globally, and to reflect on their work and that of other students.I will need to reconfigure the space in my classroom in a way that facilitates the easy use of technology. I will also need to allow students to suggest innovative ways that we can incorporate digital tools into learning activities.


3. Were there any unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
I was surprised at how user-friendly most of the tools are and how readily I will be able to incorporate them into my lessons. I was also amazed at the number of sites that are available to educators. 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on completing your 11 tools blog. I am glad that you found some useful tools and sites to incorporate in your classroom.

    ReplyDelete