Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Tool #8: Taking a Look at the Tools

I discovered that the Notebook is very similar to the laptop I have been using and that I will be able to interface with it without much difficulty. Also, I learned that the Notebook has a webcam feature that will enable my students to use Skype effectively. I am new to the iPad but, I have found that it is quite user-friendly and fun to work with. The touch sensitivity takes some getting used to but, the device is very intuitive and well-designed for quick access.

I like the idea of assigning a student as a classroom technician who is responsible for removing the devices from the storage cabinet each morning and placing them in the designated spot in the classroom. It seems that developing classroom technology rules is similar to developing classroom rules: you should establish routines and expected behaviors and enforce these rigorously on a daily basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment